Saturday 12 March 2011

Cock Tavern - rocking yet again!





Quick post to urge you to see the Tennessee Williams' play being premiered at our very own Cock Tavern on the Kilburn High Road - "I never get dressed till after dark on Sundays" - unlike the title it's short and intense. Set in a New Orleans garrett rather than a Parisian one, Jane is a pale beautiful Mimi (you remember, La Boheme, famously performed at the Cock this time last year) living with a boorish (but physically irresistible- to her anyway) male stripper. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil it... but don't miss it.  Closes 26th March, and then there's another TW premiere - of  A Cavalier for Milady

poor phone photo- sorry

Luckily I've been watching Clarke Peters and Wendell Pierce in Treme (the new serial by David Simon - of the Wire fame) set in New Orleans or I wouldn't know about the seedy clubs in Bourbon Street which get a mention.  Not that I need to justify my love of David Simon's work of course.

Read more and book tickets here

Read the review in the Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...